Wednesday, November 14, 2007

On Procrastination.

You may have noticed that I have been blogging more lately. Is it because I have found my muse ? Kind of, if you consider bitterness and a serious disdain for football and its fans a muse (I do). But what's really going on in that I told my friend A that I would do National Novel Writing Month (naowrimo.org) with her. I have never thought of myself as a novel writer, and that is more true today than ever. So I'm dragging my proverbial feet. (But boy is my house clean!!! And man is my laundry done!! And hell, I have even cleaned out the closets!! See how that works?)
Anyway, apologies to A for my being such a dick. But she sent me something hilarious today to help me along. And I'm posting it here for you, while I continue to avoid actual writing:

http://whedonesque.com/comments/14650

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I have been reading a f-ing awesome book about writer's block and the creative process. Curiously, it has had the effect of convincing me (at least partway) that maybe I don't feel so compelled to write after all. This is why I'm not linking to it or recommending it to you. ;-)

On the other hand, I'm extremely knitty right now. And I found a Rosie the Riveter knitting chart that made me think of you.

heybartender said...

It's not a block, per se. I just don't think I have a novel in me. I'm more of a short story/essay type girl, and this pretty much confirms that.