Monday, January 29, 2007

I haven't blogged much lately because I have been alternately so bored I had nothing to say and so busy I have no time to talk about it. Right now I have reached a comfortable middle ground. The big over-priced condos are coming along across the street. They have now got a third floor on the building, so in addition to being awakened every morning (even Sunday!) by loud, stupid machinery, I also get the feeling that the guys putting the roof on can probably see into my bedroom. Luckily at that hour there is nothing to see except me chanting incantations over a voodoo doll-esque "my little over-priced condo" set and burning incense. I do hope that they finish soon. Even though I have no desire to have neighbors within sight of my house, at least I would have a chance at sleeping through the night. In the meantime, I will continue to sneak over and fertilize the trees and shrubbery on that side of the pond in hopes that they will block out the view before there are any viewers.
Not much is really going on other than that. Have been doing some writing. Have interviewed for another (supplementary) job. Have seen Scott Miller at the Melting Point. Missed The Lemonheads twenty-five minute set at the 40 Watt on Saturday, complete with stupidly drunk Evan Dando getting cussed out by one Ms. Barry Buck. Wish I had seen it, but glad I didn't pay for it. Tonight the Bottle Rockets will rock Tasty World. Looking forward to it. Haven't seen them in years.

No comments: