Monday, October 09, 2006

Garden Update.

Despite the fact that it is October, my plants can't seem to stop producing. Fabulous, yes? Well yes, except the f*!king grasshoppers are still getting my tomatoes. I even went so far as to tie small pieces of screen around each bundle of fruit. It didn't even slow them down. They ate through the screen.
Right now I am sitting on the couch, sipping coffee with the sounds of construction raging behind me. Yes, the condos are coming right along.

I realize that this post may sound negative or somewhat despairing, but I assure you my mood is quite the contrary. I love October more than any other month of the year. It is about seventy degrees outside, it is 3pm, and I am lounging on the couch with both doors propped open, cofee in hand and short, fat dog afoot (he likes to sleep on them, and I don't complain). Oh, and the grasshoppers apparently only like peppers in small doses, so we have lots of those.

1 comment:

Rurality said...

Only grasshoppers? You don't have the stink bugs and the leaf-footed bugs too?! I can't get a good tomato anymore even though they're still growing.