Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Somebody keeps leaving comments on my blog that are written in a different language. How can I decide whether or not to post them if I have no idea what they say? What if they're lewd comments? Or it's Nazi propoganda? (And why does Blogger insist that the word "Nazi" get capitalized? I'm not really for paying them even the tiniest respect.) I guess the other question is how did this person find me, and how could they possibly enjoy the blog if they don't speak English? Has anyone else had this experience?

4 comments:

loobyloo said...

Just have a rule that seeing as the blog is in English the comments have to be as well.

I don't know about Blogger but I assume there's some sort of antispam plugin you can find which would bar commenting from individual countries.

heybartender said...

I got another comment from (presumably) the same person. Still don't understand it, but there are a lot of exclamation points. Hmmm.

Z said...

Probably just spam and they're wanting your curiosity to make you click on the link. There are a lot of Oriental spammers around, lord knows what they say but I delete them. I reckon that if someone wants to communicate with me they'll use the language I write in.

heybartender said...

Well, they're doing an excellent job of making me feel guilty (recovering Catholic, you know). There are more and more comments, completely unreadable and seemingly earnest. Ah well, I'll get over it.