Monday, December 28, 2009

Yesterday at the Local Grocery I was astounded when I saw a woman grab both of her unruly children by their coat collars and drag them bodily into the restroom, where I assume they both got the talking-to they desperately needed.
They emerged, both holding hands over their mouths, and the whole party proceeded through the store without further ado. I was about to remark to Sven that it was a Vermont Parenting First when the woman asked me where to find the Stilton. She had a British Accent. I refrained from begging her to start a parenting class, and instead pointed her to the proper section and thanked her silently for being a good example.
I was off today, so I spent some time running errands and rewarded myself with a visit to the Thrift Store in Errab, where I picked up four sweaters (one of them cashmere), a skirt, a paperback novel, and a small gold pin in the shape of a wiener dog- all for $26 and change.
I didn't accomplish everything I set out to do, but ticked several things off of the list. We're leaving for Chicago on Friday (gods and weather willing), and we'll be driving through Canada (I have been told by people who've made the journey several times that it's much faster and easier). We've already got the b.h.'s special ID taken care of, as well as the new plates and State inspection for our new car. New dog beds? Check. Now we need a signed piece of paper from the vet saying that the rabies' tags we have actually belong with our dogs. Still not sure about food restrictions, so we're looking into that as well.
The b.h. gave me my birthday present early. It is an Olympus:) digital slr camera, something I have wanted for ages and would never buy for myself. You may expect that I will be absent for a bit while I figure out it's inner workings, but after that expect a growing collection of random pictures on this blog. I am so excited I can barely stand it.

No comments: