Monday, July 28, 2008

Big Bird & Vermont.

For the past several days, we have had what I believe is a Great Blue Heron hanging out in our pond. We see these guys for most of the year, but since Kilgore has taken to chasing them (as much as he can when he is a couple hundred feet below) when they fly over, none have been visiting our pond this year. I tried to get a picture of this guy, but my point and shoot digital was simply not meant for long-distance wildlife photography. It's too bad. He's pretty cool looking.
There is also a family of kingfishers out there, but they never hold still long enough for me to get a picture.

I finally loaded up the Vermont pics. Most of them are from the Museum at Shelburne, because the ones from the fist couple days were on the card that crashed. Anyway, here they are, in no particular order:


I bought this coffee because I liked the logo. Turns out the coffee is pretty fucking awesome as well.



This one is from the Shelburne Museum. Another self portrait.



More photos later. The computer is acting up.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

that carousel self-portrait rocks.

doing anything this weekend?

heybartender said...

Nah. Just workin'. You?