Sunday, July 22, 2012

Honestly, the ignorance that most people display on the subject of fresh food is beginning to make me wonder.

A woman in her twenties came up to me at work and asked
"Do you have, like, ears of corn? Like, corn on the cob?"
 "Yes, I'm sure we do. It's in season so it's probably local, too."
"Where would that be?"
 
Seriously. She said it as if it were so foreign to her that she couldn't even imagine where one might look for, you know, fresh corn. Quite exotic, especially here in the Midwest. I'd like to tell people to look in the rest room sometime, or perhaps with the feminine hygiene products. But I need to keep this job, at least for now.

Apparently I narrowly missed Lady G@g@ the other night. She came in after I had left already, and when I came in the next morning people were still talking about it. The funniest part is that she had this huge entourage with her, bodyguards and whatnot. If she had just walked in on her own, nobody would have recognized her. We have both strip clubs and modeling agencies within blocks of the store, so she wouldn't even have gotten a second look. But I suppose that's not the point, is it?


2 comments:

Z said...

I've got a huge entourage. I'm on a strict diet though.

heybartender said...

Ha!