Sunday, April 03, 2011

So, it turns out my blog has a spam filter(Sorry, Loob). And for some reason it decided to filter comments from a person with whom I regularly have exchanges. I have no idea how this technology works, but let's hope I've set it straight.
I went out basically every night last week. One excuse or another led me to a drink (or two, or three) after work, and then yesterday we went to our friends' house for a birthday/taco party. It was great fun, and we stayed later than I thought my body would allow me to. When I awoke this morning, my liver was sitting on the pillow next to me, tapping its foot impatiently.

"Had enough yet?"
"Wha-?"
"Well I have, so get your shit together."
"But I-"
"Seriously. I've had it. Beer AND wine? In the same night? Three nights in one week? What the hell are you thinking?"
"I just-"
"Enough. For real. Take a couple nights off, huh? And then pick one. Beer. Or one wine. And slow the fuck down, or I'm outta here."

I have had multiple glasses of water today, along with one small cup of coffee and a large peppermint tea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah... that's OK. It feels a lot better if I know that it's only anonymous technology filtering me!

Re mixing drinks: yesterday was beer (early evening) then wine (at the restuarant) and a couple of Stregas (home). That's not an untypical night. I agree though - it feels gentler to just to stay with one drink. Wine especially (and this is probably complete rubbish from a scientific POV) seems a much kinder drink on one's system than anything else.

heybartender said...

Wine and I usually interact well, but I have always been better at gauging how beer will affect me. Even with the high gravity beers, I seem to have a much better tolerance, and it seems to come on slower. Wine can be so unpredictable. I swear sometimes I go to a tasting event or a wine show and I can go on forever and I'm fine, but then sometimes I have a glass and a half and I lose the ability to pronounce words. Bizarre.