Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I got the job, and it has been balls (ovaries?) to the wall ever since. I just finished my last photography class, which was terrific. I now feel like I can use my camera in any situation with at least some degree of competence. Hopefully I will find some time to take more pictures in the near future. Got myself a shiny new tripod now, too.
So the whole job thing was ridiculous until the bitter end, and now the person who was a douche about it is pretending like nothing ever happened. Thankfully, I am pretty much on my own now, so no matter. I have already gotten a free bottle of wine ("sample"). This is good news. I will be sure to share it with some co-workers after I have had a glass. Or two.
What else? Oh yes, it is still snowing more than once a week, and it is still below zero. I guess this is what the landlord meant last year when he said we hadn't really seen a Vermont winter. I don't mind, really, except that I am dying to get out and take some pictures. We learned night photography and I am eager to try it out.
Yep, another boring post. Sorry. I promise to try to be more interesting soon.

3 comments:

Z said...

Balls to the wall? Divided by a common language, love, I have no idea what you're talking about.

heybartender said...

Ha! That must have sounded weird then. I am actually glad you didn't know because I never knew where the phrase originated. Here's the technical definition:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=balls+to+the+wall

What I meant to say was that I have been going full speed since I started the new job. But in a good way.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, I'm glad to hear that. I sent another message on the previous post but it's disappeared into the internet somewhere, but that's excellent news - justice has been done and the right girl's landed it.