Thursday, February 03, 2011

Customer of the day- and I swear to you that I am not kidding, nor am I in any way exaggerating- was a woman walking through the store wearing a sign around her neck that read
I Love You But
I Don't Want A Hug. Please Don't Touch Me."

In other news, a man came to pick up a special order from the meat department. It was around a hundred dollars' worth of quail, and when N brought it out, the man said, with no irony whatsoever
"Oooh, my cat's going to be so excited."

In related news, I heard on the radio today that they are adding 13 more beds to the nearby Nervous Hospital, along with more staff. I'm thinking they may need a few more than that.

2 comments:

loobyloo said...

Sounds like a home from home for eccentrics!

I like it that it's called the "Nervous Hospital." Makes it sounds as though the foundations shake a bit when something unexpected happens.

heybartender said...

It's only called the Nervous Hospital by people like me who enjoy Southern Euphemisms. See also: references to cockroaches as "water bugs".
I do like the visual of the building shaking, though.