Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Time, Flies.

So it's been forever since I checked in. Things have been somewhat busy and insane, and at the same time pretty effing boring. On the home pest front, I seem to have conquered the moths at long last. The mice, however, are an entirely different story. We keep catching and releasing them, and they keep reproducing. I guess it keeps the dogs busy.

On the dog front, we have another dog. Not on purpose, and not permenantly (she said, crossing her fingers), but at about two in the morning a week ago, she ran out in front of my car and I got out and chased her down. She had a collar, but no tags. SHe was obviously an inside dog, and had obviously not been out for long. She was clean and fed, and that's what makes the whole thing even weirder. We have contacted various vets, animal control offices in both counties, and hung up fliers all over the place, and nobody has called looking for her. WTF? How is this possible? Look at this face!



Seriously, how can she not be missed?!


So the bed has been a bit crowded, but we are all adjusting. And Sunday we had yet another emergency visit to the vet, this time with KG. He's fine, but it was a good reminder that we realy can't afford to keep the new girl.

Work has been mostly boring. We are fortunate enough to have made some money in the past two weeks, and so were able to pay the vet, but the coming weeks are not looking good. And for whatever reason, the cold weather has not brought our fruit fly problem to an end. In fact, they seem to be taking over. It's pretty gross. At night they tend to spread out over the mirrors and shelves, hovering just out of reach, while I stalk them as nonchalantly as possible with a towel and a spray bottle full of windex while the customers are looking the other way. I had to chuck out an entire bottle of Wild Turkey, which is apparently their preferred brand of liquor, after noticing (thankfully *not* while attempting to serve it) twenty or thirty of them floating in one bottle.
Other than that, I have been trying to keep up with my online class (two weeks to go and I am about two weeks behind), fighting a nasty cold (I lost), and writing Christmas cards (don't be too impressed, I'm not likely to actually send them before the 23rd). Oh yeah, and our computer is effed up as well. So yeah, it's been a little hectic. And now the holidays are looming. Yikes.

So hey... anybody want a dog?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I do, desperately (look at that face!) but I am the last person on earth who can actually manage that. *sigh*

I hope you find a wonderful family for her soon.